Canberra Hindu Mandir celebrates Guru Poornima by organising
- Satyanarayana Vratha Katha/Sai Satya Vratha Katha (Same sankalpa with additional worship of guru and extra 5 Katha’s of Shirdi Sai Baba)
When: Sat 12 July 2014
Where: Birrallee Scout Hall, 5 The Valley Avenue, Gungahlin
Time: 11:00AM – 1:00 followed by Bhojan Prasad
What to bring: Please bring small photo of your Guru, Prasad, Fruits and Flowers. Read more “Guru Poornima on Sat 12 July”
Canberra Hindu Mandir is established to build a temple complex in North Canberra/Gungahlin to provide facilities to the growing Canberra Hindu population that requires about 5 to 6 Crores (approx. A$ 2.5 Million).
- This temple will have three main deities – Lord Shiva (and family), Lord Balaji (and family), and Shirdi Sai Baba.
- The complex will host a large Cultural Hall with commercial-grade kitchen facility, a Hindu Heritage Museum and enough car park spaces.
- Canberra Hindu Mandir will demonstrate community support for this project to the Treasury. This will be done through collection of Pledges. The pledged amount will be collected subject to the land allotment. We aim to raise A$500,000 through Pledges.
- We are working towards getting a Not for Profit status to the Canberra Hindu Mandir Incorporated.
- You can extend your support in cash and kind and volunteer to have bhajan/satsang at your home to bring about awareness among your friends.
We seek input, comments and feedback on the project from community members. Please send your input in person or use the contact us page.